segfault when adding OSPF virtual link on Bird 1.6.4

Cybertinus bird at cybertinus.nl
Mon Dec 10 21:17:35 CET 2018

Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for the quick response and patch! I just applied it on a stock
1.6.4 source, compiled it on my CentOS 7.6 testmachines (with
./configure --prefix=/ --enable-debug; make; make install) and loaded my
config with it.
My console/logfile is now being flooded with messages like:
bird: ospf1: Bad DBDES packet from nbr 2.2.2.2 on enp0s8 - MS-bit
mismatch (7)
bird: ospf1: Bad DBDES packet from nbr 2.2.2.2 on enp0s8 - DD sequence
number mismatch (4281812757)
bird: ospf1: Bad DBDES packet from nbr 2.2.2.2 on enp0s8 - DD sequence
number mismatch (4177508748)
bird: ospf1: Bad DBDES packet from nbr 2.2.2.2 on enp0s8 - MS-bit
mismatch (7)
bird: ospf1: Bad DBDES packet from nbr 2.2.2.2 on enp0s8 - too late for
DD exchange (7)

But I suspect that this is because I have something wrong in my Bird
config (it is a test network for a reason off course ;) ).

Will this patch be included in a 1.6.5 release? And do you know when
such a version will be available?
Does 2.0.x have the same problem and can this patch fix the issue there
too?

Kind regards,
Cybertinus