reorder BGP plink preference

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Fri Dec 21 09:05:55 CET 2018

Hello,

I have a bird router serving multiple BGP sessions with my AS uplinks,
and now I need to create a more complicated thing, - I have several FIBs
and I need to reorder the BGP link preference for a given FIB. Say, I
have 3 uplinks, A/B/C, A is the most preferable one for default FIB, but
I need B to be the most preferable one for FIB 1. I have some basic
experience with multiple routing tables in bird, I'm successfully using
two at the moment, but I just have no idea on how to do this. I mean I
know how to make the B upstream the only channel for FIB 1 (without
redundancy), but I have no idea on how to reorder the preference in
order to keep the redundancy. Is there such a way ?

Thanks.

Eugene.