Crash on reconfigure with kernel table

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Feb 7 09:22:49 CET 2018

Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 08:50:52PM +0100, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> While testing the babel sadr patch, I ran into this crash on reconfigure
>> of the kernel protocol:
>
> Hi
>
> Likely it is reconfiguration of table tab1 (changing net type) that
> does not work. You could try to rename it during net type change.

Sure, it works fine if I rename the table, or just switch the protocol
to a different one. But, erm, it shouldn't crash even if I don't, should
it? In the worst case it should refuse the reconfigure...

Feels like it's a pretty natural thing to decide "I want ipv6 sadr
routes now, let's just change every instance of 'ipv6' to 'ipv6 sadr'"
and expect it to work :)

-Toke