BUG syntax error on line 57, in bird.conf

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jan 18 00:10:05 CET 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 02:28:44PM -0500, Tyler Bennett wrote:
> I am testing our bird routing daemon version to 2.0.0, on archlinux per
> the pkged version of bird by the archlinux devs.
>
> There seems to be an issue with the default bird.conf file that is
> provided by the bird source code, it errors out on line 57. Does the
> config file have to be edited before it can be used? I know its an
> example file, but should it be erroring out.

Hi, thanks for report. This is an example configuration for version
1.x.x, it is obsolete for version 2.x.x. We forgot to remove it or
replace it with something better. There are two more examples in BIRD
source code, /bird.conf and /doc/bird.conf.example2, that should work
with 2.x.x (although i just noticed there is a minor bug in the second
one).

Also note that we just released version 2.0.1, which fixed several
bugs appearing in version 2.0.0 .