BIRD - Config Support for RFC 3107 - Carrying Label Information in BGP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jun 14 15:07:43 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 09:33:56PM +0000, Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded the kernel on my VM and now I am getting the 3107 routes in the mtab4 table in the bird. But the routes are not programed to mpls Kernel table. Maybe I am missing some configuration in the bird.conf. can you please help.
>
> Below is the bird.conf that I am using,

Hi

You have two pairs of routing tables (master4/6 and mtab4/6), BGP is
connected to both (regular to master4/6 and 3107 to mtab4/6). But only
the master4/6 is connected by kernel protocol to the real kernel routing
table.

You probably do not need regular BGP, only RFC 3107 (there are no routes
in master4/6 other than from Direct protocol). So you should:

Remove additional routing tables:

  ipv4 table mtab4;
  ipv6 table mtab6;

Remove 'ipv4' block in BGP, keep only 'ipv4 mpls' block (RFC 3107 routes)

Remove 'table mtab4' from 'ipv4 mpls' block.