OSPF Create and Originate Default Route

Anton Danilov littlesmilingcloud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:42:04 CEST 2018

It looks like something this:

# "s_" means "static"
protocol s_default {
  route 0.0.0.0/0 reject;
}

filter ospf1_export {
    # allow to advertise this default
    # through ospf
    if proto = "s_default" then {
        accept;
    }

filter kernel_export {
    # if you don't want to insert this default
    # into kernel route tables
    if proto = "s_default" then {
        reject;
    }
    accept;
}

Then just use these filters in the ospf and the kernel protocol declarations.
If you use several bird tables you can use the pipe protocol or
declare static protocol with default for every bird table.

--
Anton.