OSPF wireguard fallback

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu May 3 14:17:58 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 08:47:31AM +0000, chrono wrote:
> Ahoy all,
>
> I'm struggling a little to set wireguard as a fallback link
> in conjunction with two MPLS links. In my tests BIRD would
> not route traffic through wg0 when I took the other two
> interfaces down. The setup is rather simple, two DCs, each
> side has a gw running BIRD.
>

> What makes me wonder is why wg0 is coming up as stubnet here,
> while the MPLS links come up as network (stubnet 172.23.3.0/29 metric 10)
> and 172.23.3.0/29 (wg0 net) not being listed.

Hi

You don't see 172.23.3.0/29 as network, because these ifaces are
configured as PtP, but still there should be 'router' line in apropriate
router block to indicate existing PtP link.

So apparently there is no association. You should check by 'show ospf
neighbors' and use tcpdump to verify if each neighbor hears the other
one.