Incomprehensible error concerning identical babel config for bird and bird6 (bird-v1.6.4 on ubuntu18.04.1)

Christoffer Hansen netravnen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:41:47 CET 2018

On 14/11/2018 03:10, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> I don't know about Ubuntu, but on Debian it is straightforward (although
> note that main devel branch is called 'int-new', while 'master' is still
> 1.6.x branch), you just need basic devel environment (build-essential
> package), libreadline-dev, autoconf, bison, flex, and git. With that just:
>
>   git clone https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird.git
>   cd bird
>   git checkout int-new
>   autoreconf
>   ./configure
>   make

Ubuntu 18.04 will complain about missing the ncurses library, too.

""""
(...)
checking for curses.h... no
configure: error: The client requires ncurses library. Either install
the library or use --disable-client to compile without the client.
"""

Which should be included in instructions of how to compile from
developer branch.

Regards,
Christoffer