Multiple neighbours between same devices

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Sep 11 13:01:34 CEST 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 04:05:25PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> Ok. This is because unnecessary and undesirable sanity check that same
> peerIP cannot exist twice.

Hi

You are right, there is a lock to avoid run two instances for the same
neighbor. Although the primary reason for this lock is to have proper
ordering of protocol startups during reconfiguration. We should fix it
to avoid this issue.

> And in fact the hack probably shouldn't work, we likely shouldn't accept
> those sessions as peerPort is not right. But for me this works great for

It should, because incoming connection has random/ephemeral source port,
so it is not verified.