Help with AS-Path manipulation

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Sep 15 11:46:07 CEST 2018

You could recreate the route via static route and depend on existing
one. In static route you can attach AS-PATH in any way you want.

  route 2.20.144.0/22 unreachable {
    bgp_local_pref = 0;
    bgp_path.prepend(20940);
    bgp_path.prepend(20940);
    bgp_path.prepend(10429);
    bgp_path.prepend(12956);
  };

For other interested parties, there are many use cases for AS_PATH manipulatoin

a) injecting realistic RIB to DUT
b) network-based firewall running eBGP (ASnet => ASfw => ASnet => ASfw
=> ASnet to firewall traffic between two VRFs)
c) security research, hijack detection testing
d) many things I likely don't know about, but are reasonable

Lot of commercial BGP solutions support AS_PATH manipulation.

--
  ++ytti