MPLS LDP

Maria Jan Matějka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Sep 28 20:50:07 CEST 2018

On September 28, 2018 8:19:36 PM GMT+02:00, Anton Danilov <littlesmilingcloud at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all!
>I know, that FRR project uses code of ldpd from openbsd.
>Is there some license restrictions for adoption of parts of this code?

I think it may be technically possible with no promise that it really is feasible to do it this way. Regarding the legal parts, I don't know.

Anyway, LDP support means also having MPLS table governor (assigning the local labels) together with other structural changes inside BIRD (generating MPLS routes from IP routes), which is probably much more work than LDP itself to make it correct and fast at the same time. Or do I miss some point?

Maria