Learning BIRD source

Maria Jan Matejka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Wed Apr 17 12:09:54 CEST 2019

On 4/15/19 3:17 PM, Maria Matějka wrote:

> On April 15, 2019 3:03:38 PM GMT+02:00, Brian Topping <brian.topping at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Apr 14, 2019, at 11:07 PM, Maria Matějka <jan.matejka at nic.cz>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> And couldn't you just share what IDE you are trying to setup with
>> BIRD and what exact problems you have? It should take me less time
>> helping you setup BIRD in that specific IDE than merging CMake, not
>> even counting your time needed for the rewrite.
>>
>> Indeed, I was trying to avoid creating work for others. It’s with
>> CLion. The problem is the symbol tracing and syntax highlighting, it’s
>> clear that the headers and sources are not being read correctly. As I
>> mentioned, I built the sources cleanly with Autotools and then imported
>> the project. It generates CMakeLists.txt, but they are incorrect (even
>> though this often works). I’m open to using other IDEs that work out of
>> the box, I simply have a license for CLion.
>>
>> Anyone can get a 30 day license for CLion when it opens, just download
>> the enterprise version and use it. Also, open source contributors can
>> get a free license that can only be used for open source projects.
>
> I'll try it in several days, please kick me if I don't respond until Thursday.

Fine, I have checked it myself and I'm also probably unable to make it work correctly.
What I have managed is to force CLion to run the makefile using the attached
CMakeLists.txt file after running autoreconf -i && ./configure by hand

As I'm not familiar with IDEs (too many options at once and no manpage),
could you please check whether this may be a useful way?

Maria