Bird 1.6.3 path prepending ?

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Sat Apr 27 21:06:25 CEST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I have been fighting with this now for a while and I can’t seem to get my paths prepended. I am running 1.6.3 from the Ubuntu repo.

Network wise, I have a VPN server that takes VPNs from remote sites. This VPN server exports the ranges to the rest of the network. It learns the connected sites from a Raspberry PI on site. These links are used as backup paths :)

Here is the BGP config on the server, from a remote site:

The filters basically just restrict it to RFC1918 addresses

protocol bgp bgp_site_1 {
        description “site_1";
        local as 65001;
        neighbor 10.255.255.101 as 65101;