Multithreaded BIRD plans [Was: BGP table size]

Maria Jan Matejka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Tue Aug 13 14:54:26 CEST 2019

On 8/13/19 1:43 PM, Łukasz Jarosz wrote:
> I am not an expert here, but VPP seems like an obvious example.
> I will probably have to write some proof concept and come back with it.
> Due to multithreading, how big changes to internal API are planned?

If you are working in BGP-like mode (single prefix updates/withdraws),
the changes are trivial. If you need full table sync every other while,
like kernel does, there will be completely different API, not implemented yet.

If you eventually come to Prague, let us know to have a short meeting
to discuss this. Or we're going to Rotterdam to RIPE 79 in October,
feel free to reach us there.

Maria