Route preference for one address

kc atgb kisscoolandthegangbang at hotmail.fr
Tue Dec 17 12:17:36 CET 2019

Le Mon, 16 Dec 2019 20:54:16 +0000,
kc atgb <kisscoolandthegangbang at hotmail.fr> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I started using bird some days ago from zero knowledge. With the different
> docs I found all around I understand a little bit more how that works.
>
> My configuration is made of 2 sites connected by 2 seperated links. Each link
> have a dedicated vpn connection for internal routing. One nominal link and one
> backup.
> In case of failure, the switch from one link to the other is working.
>
> What I want to do now, is to force the routing for one specific address (/32)
> via the backup link whereas the rest of the /24 is using the first one. And
> in case of failure of the backup link, the /32 should use the first one.
>
> I tried different things and from what I have found, my configuration is
> working partially. I mean there is no fallback to the first link if the second
> is in failed state.
> I tried with static routing and export filter.
>
> With static:
> protocol static s_special {
>       import all;
>
>       route 192.168.1.78/32 via 10.194.11.2 {
>               preference = 250;
>       };
> }
>
> The route stays active when the link is down so the traffic can not go back to
> source.
>
> With filter:
> filter export2kernel {
>
>         if net = 192.168.1.78/32 then ifname = "tun1";
>
>         accept;
> }
>
> The same thing happens.
>
> I took a look also to preference/cost/... but I am unable to achieve what I am
> looking to do.
>
> So my question, what should I look for to have this working like explained ?
> What information should I provide if it is not clear ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kay

Hi,

After rereading there some informations that are missing I think, sorry.
I'm running bird 1.6.8 on FreeBSD 11.2R x86_64.

I'm trying to achieve above setup with ospf protocol.

And here is what the network look like.

              |      |    |   VPNLINK1  |    |      |
10.194.0.0/16 |      |    |-------------|    |      | 192.168.1.0/24
              |      |____|   VPNLINK2  |____|      |