protocol pipe and bgp

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Sat Feb 9 14:12:36 CET 2019

Hello,

If I have pipe between two kernel routing tables, which, in turn, are
filled with two different BGP protocols, when these routes are exported
from kernel FIB via pipe, do they retain their BGP attributes like BGP
preference ? Or, if this question is more clear, does the following
statement for an pipe filter look sane ?

filter exportfib0tofib2 {
     if source = RTS_BGP then {
             print "fib0 to fib2 export: net accepted: ", net;
             bgp_local_pref = 25;
             accept;
     } else {
             print "fib0 to fib2 export: net rejected: ", net;
             reject;
     }
}

or should I operate generifc protocol preference instead ?

I'm asking because I created BGP/PIPE configuration when the last
established BGP session seems to get the maximum preference when
exported via pipe, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Eugene.