cannot export routes (AS_PATH problem ?)

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jan 8 14:52:21 CET 2019

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 09:38:12AM +0100, Julien Sansonnens wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> policy routing was exactly what I was looking for, thanks for your help
> I managed to have it done using the "secondary" switch, it's working great.

Hi

'secondary' switch could be used for that, but note that when used for
BGP, it does not change forwarding table. It is useful for route servers,
but less for policy routing and forwarding. If you are using route A, but
propagating route B to your peer, then if you receive network traffic
from the peer, it is still routed according to route A (unless you do
some other tricks).

To have proper forwarding with policy routing, you generally would need
two kernel routing tables, appropriate policy routing rules, two BIRD
routing tables connected with pipe (with appropriate filtering on the
pipe) and two BIRD kernel protocols synchronizing BIRD tables with kernel
tables.