[bird-users] bird-2.0.3 - centos 7 rpm

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Wed Jan 16 12:16:50 CET 2019

Hello Shahan,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019, Shahan Agha wrote:
> Do we have any updates if there is official Cent OS 7 rpm for bird-2.0.3 or
> bird-2.0.2  to be released any soon?
>
> There was a thread mentioning that packages for bird 2.0 are expected with
> next release.

even we're not talking about an official RPM provided by the BIRD
developers themself, I would like to point out that I am maintaining
BIRD 2.x in EPEL 7 since a while now in a separate package called
"bird2" (because "bird" is 1.6.x and won't be updated in EPEL 7 due
to obviously massive changes from 1.6.x -> 2.0.x):

  - https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=bird2
  - https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=27840

Thus:

  - yum install epel-release
  - yum install bird2

At the moment it's 2.0.2, I'll try to get to 2.0.3 at the weekend.

Regards,
  Robert