Do filters support accessing properties of some interfaces?

Igor Podlesny bird.user at poige.ru
Wed Jan 16 20:26:40 CET 2019

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 01:35, Maria Jan Matějka <jan.matejka at nic.cz> wrote:
> On January 16, 2019 5:34:36 PM GMT+01:00, Igor Podlesny <bird.user at poige.ru> wrote:
>>
>> -- Is it possible to get link status (up/down? anything else?) of an
>> interface (specified by interface name or other reference way if
>> there're any) for further use in routes' preferences/metrics
>> calculations?

> No and it is not a trivial thing as the interface status may change independently on the routes so the routes may need reimport on interface status change.

oh yep -- as they say "The only trivial is how flies do coupling" :)

But nevertheless, would be really great feature indeed.

BTW, are there any properties available to filters outside the ones of
route's they're processing?

Are there any some "global variables"?

Can users introduce some?

> Anyway, in near future, the roa checks should be fixed in exactly this way, reimporting routes as roa changes. Then it should be an easy change to do. Please revive this thread after we announce the fixed ROA handling. I suppose it will happen in several months.

I also have a suggestion in regards of "check link": if it would be
not only a switch, but, say, reference to an arbitrary interface would
be supported, it would also extend Bird's flexibility significantly.

Might be a good candidate to couple with that "interface properties" feature. ;)

--
End of message. Next message?