Bird 1.6.3 cycle-restarting with SegFault during load-testing

Maria Matějka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Mon Jul 1 07:47:24 CEST 2019

Hello!

Please check your filedescriptor limit by
  ulimit -n
and check how many files are open by
  lsof -p <BIRD's pid>

BIRD has no such limit, it is capable of handling any reasonable (fitting in memory) number of file descriptors.

If you wanted any other help, feel free to ask more. BIRD should have no hard limits on scalability, yet some parts of it may be unexpectedly slow in extreme conditions.

Maria