bfd does not work in a vrf

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Tue Jul 23 19:08:48 CEST 2019

Hi,

Yes, I see the problem. Yes, probably using some "default" vrf name
would be better. Looks like Linux uses word "default" to identify the
main table also. At least iproute2 tools. "ip route show vrf default"
works for me. And I see the reference in the man. For example:

              This command allows applications that are VRF unaware to be run
              against a VRF other than the default VRF (main table). A command
              can be run against the default VRF by passing the "default" as
              the VRF name. This is useful if the current shell is associated
              with another VRF (e.g, Management VRF).

But it works for some commands only. "ip vrf pids default" does not
work, and it does not show it in vrf list. But if somebody named the
vrf "default", it would have problems anyway with some commands. So I
think this name could be "occupied".