BGP Graceful Restart

Derek Pan DPan at advaoptical.com
Mon Mar 4 03:18:16 CET 2019

Hi

>From the post https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2016-December/010760.html
I understood that it should use kill -9 to stop and restart BIRD process to trigger graceful restart function.

But I still have a question:
Suppose in one BIRD process, there are more than two BGP protocol instances and OSPF protocol instances,
And there are some BGP instances without graceful restart.

Once I stop the BIRD process using kill -9 and then start it, I know those BGP instances with graceful restart would work fine
But the others BGP instances without graceful restart would just be restarted.
But this is not my expect behavior (I expect the others BGP and OSPF protocols would not be touched).

Is there any command to just restart only one BGP instance and to trigger the graceful restart function?

Thanks.