all protocol state debug

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Mon Mar 11 17:08:07 CET 2019

Hello,

11.03.2019 21:02, Ondrej Zajicek пишет:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 08:41:19PM +0500, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I want to log all protocols state changes, and I have a question:
>>
>> debug all { states }
>>
>> is valid in birdc, but why
>>
>> debug all {
>>      states
>> };
>>

>> is invalid in bird.conf ?
> Hello
>
> I cannot say *why* it is that, but you can use:
>
>    debug protocols all { states };
>
> in bird.conf file to do that.

Well, in theory - yeah, but practically I get this:

===Cut===

[root at gw0:local/etc]# head /usr/local/etc/bird.conf
router id 192.168.0.248;

debug protocols all { states };

log syslog {
     debug, trace, info, remote, warning, error, auth, fatal, bug
};

filter importibgpv4 {
[root at gw0:local/etc]# birdc
BIRD 1.6.3 ready.
bird> conf
Reading configuration from /usr/local/etc/bird.conf
/usr/local/etc/bird.conf, line 3: syntax error
[root at gw0:local/etc]#

===Cut===

and I don't understand why. Is my 1.6.3 too old for this ?

Thanks.

Eugene.