Filtering export to kernel of local nets

Brian Topping brian.topping at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:43:54 CET 2019

Greetings!

I am new to production use of BIRD 2 and having a problem. Given two instances on a shared network and both running OSPF, the kernel is getting two copies of the shared network: one from the native kernel entry for the device and one from the LSA of the other BIRD instance on the same network.

Since the LSA needs to be there so other remote networks can get it, how do I filter the kernel export so that I don’t push LSAs that are already represented by local devices?

Apologies if this has been answered already. I did some searching of the list and I’m haven’t found a set of addresses that I can use the ~ operator on for filtering.

Brian