Reload bug in bird 2.0.6/2.0.7

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Fri Nov 1 22:33:58 CET 2019

Hello,

when trying to reload a fully compatible/correct configuration file in
bird 2.0.6 or 2.0.7, I get the following answer:

bird> reload
syntax error, unexpected END

If I then just restart the whole daemon, there is no problem:

router1:~# /etc/init.d/bird stop
 * Stopping bird ...                                                     [ ok ]
router1:~# /etc/init.d/bird start
 * Starting bird ...                                                     [ ok ]
router1:~#

What's the best way of debugging this?

Best,

Nico

p.s.: I have seen similar problems in bird1 before that reloading seems
to parse the configuration "differently" than starting.

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch