Signal readyness to systemd

Jan-Philipp Litza jpl at plutex.de
Wed Nov 6 16:49:30 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

I had the idea to signal systemd via sd_notify[1] when all routes have
been synchronized  so that other units depending on a fully functioning
network can be started after this point (e.g. keepalived/other cluster
services).

How would you go about implementing this? I thought about implementing a
pseudo-protocol "systemd" that hooks into graceful restart recovery, but
that would only work when starting bird with graceful restart recovery
enabled. Ideally, it could work anyway, although maybe semantically,
that makes sense.

Also, is this something that other people are interested in? Does a
patch have chances to get merged?

Best regards,
Jan-Philipp Litza

[1]: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/sd_notify.html

--
Jan-Philipp Litza
PLUTEX GmbH

Hotline: 0800 100 400 800
Telefon: 0800 100 400 821
Telefax: 0800 100 400 888
E-Mail: support at plutex.de
Internet: http://www.plutex.de

USt-IdNr.: DE 815030856
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 25144
Geschäftsführer: Torben Belz, Hendrik Lilienthal