IPv6, route reflectors and link-local nexthops

Jan-Philipp Litza jpl at plutex.de
Mon Nov 11 14:59:40 CET 2019

> Could you try the current git master branch on R1? It has several fixes
> related to recursive routes. But it would be a good idea to first try
> just restarting R1 to see if the result is related to the code changes,
> or just the restart.

If the master you were talking about is now part of 2.0.7, then it
probably fixed the issue.

I didn't restart bird (this is a production system with much other
traffic and routes) or even upgrade it yet. But I set up another, mostly
identical machine with bird 2.0.7 and moved the routing for that
particular interface to that machine. And everything works.

So thanks for the effort in fixing this (even if it wasn't caused by my
mail)!

Best regards,
Jan-Philipp Litza

--
Jan-Philipp Litza
PLUTEX GmbH

Hotline: 0800 100 400 800
Telefon: 0800 100 400 821
Telefax: 0800 100 400 888
E-Mail: support at plutex.de
Internet: http://www.plutex.de

USt-IdNr.: DE 815030856
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 25144
Geschäftsführer: Torben Belz, Hendrik Lilienthal