Two similar kernel routes with different metrics on bird 1.6.4

Andrew nitr0 at seti.kr.ua
Wed Sep 11 11:48:11 CEST 2019

Hi all.

I have two default kernel routes with different metrics (for failover,
when first gateway becomes unreachable - all traffic is switched to
second gw). I want to pipe it to other kernel table to gracefully handle
connections to second IP. Unfortunatelly, I can't force bird to learn
route with higher metric - bird just ignores it.

Option 'merge paths' does nothing in that case. Import filter doesn't
help - it seems like route is dropped somewhere in protocol, before
passing to filter.

How can I force bird to learn route with higher metric?