Bird v2.0.4 "Can't add/delete non-pair" and "END-OF-RR received prior BEGIN-OF-RR, ignoring" meaning

Irene Lalioti irene.lalioti at restena.lu
Wed Sep 25 12:03:30 CEST 2019

Hello all,

I would be grateful if you could direct me, provide me some insight to
figure out where those errors/alarms emanate from. In my test
environment I did not encounter those errors, only upon the actual live
migration , while bringing the BGP sessions with the peers up. Some
where coming up some not.

The 1st error was : ... filters, line 2208: Can't add/delete non-pair

The 2nd error was: ...R15814x2: END-OF-RR received without prior
BEGIN-OF-RR, ignoring

   R35283x1: BEGIN-OF-RR received before END-OF-RIB, ignoring

R13002x1: BEGIN-OF-RR received before END-OF-RIB, ignoring

filters, line 1645: ~ applied on unknown type pair

****

Problem with filters?

I found also :

* bgp_refresh_begin - start incoming enhanced route refresh sequence

* @p: BGP instance

*

* This function is called when an incoming enhanced route refresh
sequence is

* started by the neighbor, demarcated by the BoRR packet. The function
updates

* the load state and starts the routing table refresh cycle. Note that
graceful

* restart also uses routing table refresh cycle, but RFC 7313 and load
states

* ensure that these two sequences do not overlap.

*/

void

bgp_refresh_begin(struct bgp_proto *p)

{

if (p->load_state == BFS_LOADING)

{ log(L_WARN "%s: BEGIN-OF-RR received before END-OF-RIB, ignoring",
p->p.name); return; }

p->load_state = BFS_REFRESHING;

rt_refresh_begin(p->p.main_ahook->table, p->p.main_ahook);

}

/**

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards, Irène