Question for proper RPKI check integration in the bird v2.0.4 with Euro-IX Informational BGP communities

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Sep 25 16:32:34 CEST 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:58:11AM +0200, Irene Lalioti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can you please let me know where is the syntax error in my snippet , or
> if it is wrong how else I should integrate it in a way bird doesn't
> complain? Thanks in advance!

Hello

- As noticed by Barry O'Donovan, it should be roa_check instead of roa check

- We currently do not support variable type for rpki_result variable, so
it cannot be declared. In your newer variant you use multiple calls to
roa_check(), that is ineffective.

Currently it could be done efficiently by using switch/case:

case roa_check(r4) {
  ROA_INVALID:
    reject;

  ROA_VALID:
    bgp_community.add((1234:1000:1));
    accept;

  ROA_UNKNOWN:
    bgp_community.add((1234:1000:2));
    accept;
}

- Also, you have some print statements after 'accept', these would not be
applied, because 'accept' ends processing.

- As i noted in another e-mail, it should be bgp_path.last instead of
last_nonaggregated