BIRD on HW ASIC

Maria Matějka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Sat Sep 28 09:07:36 CEST 2019

Hello!

I would suggest reimplementing what is in sysdep/linux, maybe partly, maybe completely. The netlink api is implemented in sysdep/linux/netlink.c, the internal api between BIRD's Unix common code and netlink is not documented; I would suggest looking for non-static functions in netlink.c to see what is happening there.

The internal API may change between versions without any notification. To prevent most of the related problems, it would be best if you could upstream your code. We could then take your usage into account and at least try to update your code when the API were to be changed.

Maria