Need to run 'configure' command two times to apply route filter change

Nasato Goto goto at mfeed.ad.jp
Mon Apr 27 16:07:56 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I run BIRD v2.0.7 as a route server.
When I changed the route filter configuration in BIRD, for example adding prefix entry to a filter,
I needed to execute 'configure' command twice to apply new route filter.

The first 'configure' command didn't affect. The prefix which I added to filter configuration was kept to be rejected.
I could only see '<protocol_name> reconfigured' message in the log file.

Then the second 'configure' worked. The prefix was accepted.
I saw '<protocol_name>: Sending ROUTE-REFRESH' message in log file.

Is this a normal behavior or am I missing something?

Best regards,

-----
Nasato Goto
INTERNET MULTIFEED CO.