Support for machine-readable status output

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Apr 28 15:33:28 CEST 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 09:17:18AM +0200, Pascal Mathis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am wondering if the official maintainers would accept patches for
> introducing machine-readable status output to BIRD. I am asking as there
> definitely is a clear demand for such a solution, as can be seen by
> these previous mailing list posts and projects:

Hi

We would like to have machine-readable status, but we would not want to
just add it on top in a similar way as the current CLI UI, but have it
integrated with changes in BIRD internals. I.e., have reflective BIRD
object model inside and then just use it for automatic machine-readable
API.

I should make this priority after releasing 2.0.8.