Dormant static default route over unnumbered PPP interface

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Apr 30 01:09:22 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:17:07PM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> Static default route over unnumbered PPP interface is stuck in dormant state. Manually installing this route in kernel with 'ip route' does not give any issues.

Hmm, works for me (with latest master branch):

bird> show static static4
10.10.4.0/24
    via 10.10.2.3 (dormant)

# ip addr add dev ve0 10.10.1.1 peer 10.10.2.3

bird> show static static4
10.10.4.0/24
    via 10.10.2.3

bird> show route 10.10.4.0/24
Table master4:
10.10.4.0/24         unicast [static4 01:02:05.390] * (200)
    via 10.10.2.3 on ve0

(although it is on virtual ethernet and not PPP interface, but this
should depend only on PtP addresses and not interface type).

Could you check latest version, whether it is not related to 'link check'
option, and whether it would work on ethernet with PtP addresses?