Dormant static default route over unnumbered PPP interface

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Apr 30 15:09:46 CEST 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 08:39:22AM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-04-30 at 01:09 +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> >
> > Could you check latest version, whether it is not related to 'link check'
> > option, and whether it would work on ethernet with PtP addresses?
> >

> If I change it from ip nexthop to interface nexthop then it works (with
> check link 1)
>
> bird> show static
> 0.0.0.0/0
>         dev p1-1-1-1-2
>
> It also works with ip nexthop if I remove check link

You also have:

eth1 up (index=3)
        MultiAccess Broadcast Multicast AdminUp LinkDown MTU=1500
        10.210.137.97/20 (Preferred, scope site)

Which has matching prefix. For static route next hops, BIRD just finds
the first matching iface, does not do longest-match. So it matches with
eth1 and then fails due to LinkDown and 'check link'.