Fwd: BGP session closed after receipt of flowspec route without destination prefix

Maria Matějka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Wed Feb 5 21:14:13 CET 2020

Hello!

Well, RFC 5575 doesn't explicitly say that the flowspec rule must contain the destination chunk, anyway it specifies that these rules should be understood as additional information for unicast BGP prefixes.

Therefore we assume that the dst is de facto mandatory, despite de iure it is optional.

If there are more benevolent implementations, we may think about waiving this. I think we don't have any strong position on that, we just assume that flowspec is used in the way the RFC says which assumes dst always present.

Maria