Disregard OSPF path

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Mon Feb 17 17:13:26 CET 2020

On 17.02.20 16:37, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> There is no such think as 'physical' cost of a link. Cost is always an
> administrative property. There are several physical properties of a link
> (like latency, throughput, technology) and it is a question of policy how
> to convert them to OSPF cost.

Yes, you are right. I just summarized all that under "physical" cost.

In the end the OSPF cost is an arbitrary value set by the router admin.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 93818 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin