Pointers please - OSPFv3 vs Cisco IOS XR

Elmar K. Bins elmi at noir.de
Sun Jul 5 11:56:45 CEST 2020

G'day all,

we were able to solve the problem today (thanks to my ingenious colleague).

In IOS XR, Cisco supports multiprotocol SNMPv3 and thus sets the bits correctly
for this. BIRD flukes on it. We got a lot of "I-bit mismatch(7)" messages.

Disabling rfc5838 support does the trick for us, since we're running ospf2 for
IPv4 and ospf3 for IPv6 (because...old IOS boxes in the mix in other places...)

    rfc5838 no;

My colleague supports the idea that this might be a bug in BIRD; if you need
debugging output to help, please ping me.

Yours,
    Elmar.