Pointers please - OSPFv3 vs Cisco IOS XR

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Jun 3 15:32:58 CEST 2020

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 02:36:53PM +0200, Elmar K. Bins wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> sorry, I missed your response (T., thank you for forwarding):
>
> >> I am very certain somebody has experienced similar issues and solved them; I
> >> did not find any pointers - please throw them at me. If this is new or unsolved,
> >> please help me forward, I can get more output, naturally.
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > It might be useful if you enable 'debug all' for OSPFv3 in BIRD.
>
> Alright...sorry, I thought I had "all" on, but apparently didn't.
> Here's the output from that, shortened and edited to protect the innocent.
> (If you require the full output, I'll email it to you)

Hi

Do not see any issues on BIRD side. It seems to me that Cisco just resets
the exchange (by sending DBD flag I) when it should be done (or in Loading
state):

May 31 13:09:16.280 UTC: ospfv3[1021]: ADJ: Recv DBD fr <server> on TenGigE0/1/0/23.4 seq 0x8ce5d6a opt R/E/V6 flag NONE len 28 mtu 1500 state EXCHANGE
May 31 13:09:16.280 UTC: ospfv3[1021]: ADJ: Send DBD to <server> on TenGigE0/1/0/23.4 seq 0x8ce5d6b opt R/E/V6 flag I/M/MS len 28 mtu 1500

So any explanation of this has to be found in Cisco side,

I suppose that this exchage repeats indefinetly and 'show ospf neighbors'
on BIRD also shows the other side in ExStart/Exchange?