help bgp peer issue.

seunghwan hwang seunghwan.hwang99 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:46:57 CEST 2020

Hello.

I'm using BIRD 1.6.3.
Configurations(Peer is Juniper of Mellanox Switch):

protocol kernel {
        persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
        scan time 20;           # Scan kernel routing table every 20 seconds
        import none;            # Default is import all
        export all;             # Default is export none
        merge paths on;         # Enable ECMP Multi path.
}

protocol direct {
        interface "lo";
}

protocol device {
        scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}

protocol bgp peer1 {
        import all;
        export all;

        hold time 3;
}

protocol bgp peer2 {
        import all;
        export all;

        hold time 3;
}

In this situation, sometimes the BGP "Hold Time Expire" log remains and
peers destroyed.
But when I capture tcpdump, I can check the kernel sent an TCP ACK message
for BGP keepalive packet.
I think BGP Keepalive packets can't be transmitted to the BIRD(from the
kernel).
Is there an issue related to this in this version?
And I would like to know if there are issues related to "scan time" and
netlink.

Please check it.

Regards.