BIRD drops specific IPv6 session for no reason

Stavros Konstantaras stavros.konstantaras at ams-ix.net
Tue Mar 3 09:09:58 CET 2020

Hi Ondrej,

Great feedback, thank’s a lot for sharing it with us. Currently we are using the kernel 3.16.39-1+deb8u2, do you remember if this kernel was inside the list of complains?

We will schedule a maintenance to update the kernel in both Route Servers and see if that solves the issue.

Thank you for the “debug” tip as well, I wasn’t aware that gives you that much detailed output like sending Keepalives to a peer. I will give it a shot.

Best regards,

Stavros Konstantaras | Sr. Network Engineer | AMS-IX
M +31 (0) 620 89 51 04 | T +31 20 305 8999
ams-ix.net