ROA with static protocol in BIRD 2

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Mon Mar 9 02:54:18 CET 2020

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020, Maria Matějka wrote:
> >  - Is "define force_roa_table_update = 1582237716;" still needed with BIRD
> >    2.0.7 to ensure proper revalidation?
> Yes. The autorevalidation is in code collision with ongoing structural changes
> of route propagation inside BIRD which is needed to allow proper multithreaded
> execution and better utilization of hardware.

I was told that BIRD 1.x doesn't need such a define, because one could use
"birdc configure && birdc flush roa && birdc reload all" instead. But given
I see some examples for BIRD 1.x out that align with my BIRD 2.x one, I
wonder which is better or more recommented from upstream for BIRD 1.x...

Regards,
  Robert