BGP routes not being propagated to kernel via OSPF

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Mar 10 15:13:42 CET 2020

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 10:56:33AM -0600, Brian Topping wrote:
> As a followup to this thread, I don’t know why I didn’t try this to start with, but installing 2.0.4 on the router having problems cleared it up with no change to configuration.
>
> I did try to upgrade to 2.0.5 and the problem returned.
>
> Now that I know for sure that this is a problem in BIRD (either with a regression or some change that is required by spec but not clear how to configure for),  I will try to diff the sources and see what might have caused this.

Hi

Could you compare output of 'show ospf state' and 'show ospf lsadb' between the routers that compute the external routes correctly and ones that does not?

Also, in your original post the 'show route' output from the problematic OSPF does not contain not only external routes, but also 10.10.0.0/22:

> 10.10.0.0/22         unicast [backbone 02:07:46.207] I (150/10) [c.d.143.113]

There were some changes between 2.0.5, but they were supposed to be limited to NSSA (type 7) routes.

What exactly is your topology? You seem to use NBMA, do you have fully consistent set of neighbors on all eligible routers?