BGP between VMs

mattia.milani at studenti.unitn.it mattia.milani at studenti.unitn.it
Thu Mar 19 22:56:48 CET 2020

Hello,

I confirm, it’s possible and to do it you must put the two VM interfaces in the same subnetwork.
A /30 subnetwork is sufficient.

After that you have to configure in the correct way the two bird daemons.

For the config file you have to refer to the guide on the bird website, and for the peering relationship I can suggest you to read the documentation example about bgp filtering (easily accessible from gitlab).

Mattia