Enable RPKI on Centos

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Wed May 6 01:22:05 CEST 2020

On Tue, 05 May 2020, Fabiano D'Agostino wrote:
> Thank you, but did I install it in the right way?
> I did: rpm -i package.rpm, but in /usrlocal/etc I have no bird.conf.
> I tried to add a new bird.conf but it seems that it isn't recognized.

Yes, "rpm -i package.rpm" is correct. Run "rpm -qvl bird2" to see where
the files are located.

As the EPEL package maintainer of BIRD, I however suggest to use the BIRD
package from EPEL ("yum install epel-release", "yum install bird2"), which
allows further updates by "yum update" - and EPEL ships BIRD 2.0.7 rather
BIRD 2.0.6, which upstream doesn't do for some reason (since October 2019).

Support for RPKI is included in both packages (upstream RPMs and EPEL).

Regards,
  Robert