BFD bind port to IP

Bernd Naumann bena at spreadshirt.net
Wed May 13 10:41:58 CEST 2020

Hi Justin,

On 06.05.20 20:15, Justin Cattle wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is it possible to bind BFD listen ports to a particular IP ?
>
> I've tried a few different BFD procol configs, tried specify different
> neighbor options, but I always see this:
>
> udp    UNCONN   0        0                                      0.0.0.0:3784
>                 0.0.0.0:*          users:(("bird",pid=7219,fd=12))
>
> udp    UNCONN   0        0                                      0.0.0.0:4784
>                 0.0.0.0:*          users:(("bird",pid=7219,fd=13))
>
> I would like to bind it to the IP for each p2p interface, so it's not
> reachable on any other IPs.
>  > Is what I'm trying to acheive even possible ?

If you are running linux you can maybe achieve this by setting
`arp_announce`, to avoid answers from different interfaces of the
machine; and if I'm not mistaken the spec for BFD states that regarding
security the "only" option is to filter on interface, src addr and
ttl=255. (Sry but atm I'm to lazy to look it up...)

Hope this helps a little bit.
Best,
Bernd