Master ready for 2.0.8?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri May 15 18:13:44 CEST 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 04:00:20PM +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 17:51 +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 02:11:56PM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Is master ready for a 2.0.8 release?
> > >
> > > The 2.0.7 release has several bugs that I think are worth a release to
> > > a broader audience (seems like they are all in master)
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > You are right, there are several bugfixes in master and we should release
> > 2.0.8 soon. There are still few items in my todo that i want to fix /
> > finish before releasing the new version. Thanks for noticing about missing
> > bug fixes, will check that.
>
> Can you name these items?

Sure:
 * Finalize counters/stats
 * Finish and merge more efficient (4bit) prefix sets
 * Wildcards in BGP path masks
 * OSPF zero key ID
 * Fix log access during reconfiguration
 * RIP demand-circuit documentation

> Does any of them fix regressions?
> What I am basically wondering is if master is better(less bugs) than 2.0.7 ?

I am not aware of any regressions. Although there is a counters/stats patch
in master that produces different CLI output from one planned for 2.0.8.