Unable to get Bird 2 to listen on the BGP socket

Bernd Naumann bena at spreadshirt.net
Thu Sep 3 17:34:02 CEST 2020

I think its useless to fight over top- or bottom-posting here. Anyway:

Could it be that
```
	local fe80:10::2 as OWNAS;
```
should rather be
```
	local fe80:10::2%wg1 as OWNAS;
```
?

Maybe Maria or one of the other bird maintainer can give an insight if
this is even valid or needed when using IPv6 LLA.

Did you try to specify `interface`?

The documentation says:
"""
interface string

     Define interface we should use for link-local BGP IPv6 sessions.
Interface can also be specified as a part of neighbor address (e.g.,
neighbor fe80::1234%eth0 as 65000;). The option may also be used for non
link-local sessions when it is necessary to explicitly specify an
interface, but only for direct (not multihop) sessions.
"""

from which I assume, that the user needs either `%ifname` on `neighbor`
_or_ `interface <if>`?

Off-topic, unrelated, and just my2cents: If wireguard would just support
the auto-generation of LLA _and_ support Multicast we could all together
just run OSPF (or any other IGP) on the tunnel-interface, handling the
propagation of the router-ids and just use these for the `local` and
`neighbor` stanza... (or do I miss something here?)