OSPFv3 auth problem

Kenth Eriksson Kenth.Eriksson at infinera.com
Fri Mar 12 16:39:06 CET 2021

We can see auth trailer on the hellos, the neighborship is established, but still the trace is appearing. Does that mean that the options on the neighbor object are incorrect?

bird> show ospf neighbors ospfv3_2
ospfv3_2:
Router ID       Pri          State      DTime   Interface  Router IP
0.0.139.2         0     Full/PtP        32.725  p1-1-5-1-6 fe80::206:9cff:fe0c:a533
bird>

2021-03-12 16:32:36.564 <AUTH> ospfv3_2: Authentication failed for nbr 0.0.139.2 on p1-1-5-1-6 - missing authentication trailer (0)

/k