Bird Centos 8 Replacement recommendations request

W Templeton wnt at btconnect.com
Wed Mar 17 12:16:27 CET 2021

Thks,

I'm new to Bird and certainly Debian so pls bear with me.

So below shows a number of Debian network stack tweaks for your specific use case, is that fair ?
With kernel tweaks to follow from Cybertinus

@Cybertinus - That would be appreciated.

FYI
 Our setup is Anycast based Bird stacks distributed globally linking directly from virtual image to DC hosting provider who we peer with using BGP, with own ASN & IPv4/24 & IPV6/28. Routing wise 1 IPV4 subnet & 1 IPV6 advertised out to DC Host provider to announce on Internet. So basic routing table. Our host address will grow over time up to max 253/4 ish running as dummy entries  (in Centos) which are utilised by HAproxy. So a corner case that appears relatively simple routing Bird wise. Appreciate any thoughts etc.

Will